The origins of Valentine's Day are shrouded in mystery,
however, we do know that the month of February has
long been celebrated as a time of romance.
There are many stories surrounding St.Valentine and
legend contends that he was a priest who served during
the 3rd century in Rome and when Emperor Claudius II
outlawed marriage for young men - (as he felt that all
young single men would make better soldiers than
husbands!) - Valentine, realising the injustice of the
decree, continued to perform secret marriage ceremonies
for young, courting lovers. When his actions were
discovered, Claudius ordered that Valentine be
sentenced to death ... and hence, he became a martyr
and pronounced a Saint, in the name of LOVE!
Whatever, story or myth you might read, it is an in-
disputed fact that the 14th of February has since
become the second most popular card sending day,
So without further ado! The WireWorkers Guild and some
of its most generous followers and talented wire artists
would like to share with you some HEART felt inspiration!
Below is our stunning:
***GALLERY of HEARTS***
PLUS + we have a 'special gift'
a WOVEN HEART TUTORIAL by
(So ... are you sitting comfortably? Then, please ENJOY!
Starting in alphabetical order ...)
1. Gorgeous Red Heart Pendant, designed and created
by ALISON BICKELL from TREASURED FOREVER.
2. A wonderful Valentine set, including: Necklace, Bracelet
and Earrings by AMBER HEFNER of THE WILD TANGENT.
Which won her 1st prize for a 'Bead My Heart' competition
for Happy Mango Beads.
3. Above, is the beautiful delicate wirework of ANNEMARIE
KENYERES from PRETTY ROCK JEWELLERY.
4. Here's a very original first pendant from ANNY CHRISTOPHER
from ZELENY CRAFT.
5. And yet, another super stunner from ANNY
CHRISTOPHER from ZELENY CRAFT!
6. And here's one more from ANNY CHRISTOPHER to
complete her lovely trio of heart designs!
7. This superb contribution is from JENNY ARGYLE, better
known to all of us as BEADMAD JEN of KEITH AGNES
TUTORIAL and DESIGN fame!
8. Here's BETTY KELLOG'S Gorgeous
Blue Dichroic Glass Heart Pendant from
her HOMESTYLE-ARTS website.
9. This delicately dainty "Bleeding Heart' pendant contribution
is from LOUISE GOODCHILD, inspired by her Dicentra plant.
(Look out for her, as she will be a feature artist later on this year.
Can't wait ... !)
10. Another highly unique style and pretty pendant from
11. And from designer/photographer SALLY PITMAN - alias:
SKYPIXIE - here's her stunning wirewrapped Fimo Heart bead
(which was created by her talented mother, Valery King!).
12. Some more heart shaped pendants from the talented
wire charmer, SKYPIXIE!
14. Above is a beautiful Bracelet of Filigree Hearts designed and
created by KARON CRAWFORD, who is a guest presenter and
demon-strator on JEWELLERY MAKER TV channel.
14. Another winning exquisite entry to the Happy Mango Beads
competition was from LAUREN POTTS of LP'S JEWELRY.
15. SIAN GRIFFITHS contributed this gorgeous
pink quartzite heart with freshwater pearls all mounted
on a co-ordinating kumihimo braid.
16. Here's a something scrumptiously yummy from
SUE MASON-BURNS of KIWI-CHICK
17. Enjoy another highly original stunner from
18. And to complete her trio of hearts designs, above, is
SUE MASON-BURNS's luscious vintage rose pendant!
Manilla! Some cute and colourful Love Bugs with
heart shaped wings designed and created by the
very talented, ANGELA MARIELA SISON of
CAMPBEADS WIRE - WORKSHOP!
20. Finally, CLAIRE BARTRAM of FOLBAR BEADS
sent in her stunning design, inspired by a Valentine
magazine project I did for Beads & Beyond!
And if that wasn't enough VALENTINE themed jewellery
for one feature, I have delved deep into the Guild archives
and dug up, some more heart shaped pieces, designed and
created by WIREJEWELLERY.CO.UK
And if that's not enough culinary wirey titilation and
visual feasting, here's a stunning project from the very
talented jewellery designer:
called: WOVEN HEART PENDANT!
TO ALL THE WIRE ARTISTS
WHO LOVE TO CREATE !!
(and many heartfelt THANKS to all the talented
wire artists who so generously contributed to the