Tuesday 4 February 2014

TEGUH RAHMANTO

















There is SO much wirework talent out there and the
internet is such a great way of uniting and inspiring
budding artists!

This week's wonderfully creative jeweller comes from
Indonesia and his name is:

TEGUH  RAHMANTO


*************************************

Here's Teguh, telling us all about his work in jewellery making:

Hi! My name is Teguh Rahmanto.  I was born in Sragen, a small
town in central Java, Indonesia.  I grew up learning all kinds of crafts, 
from sewing, knitting, crochet, in fact all handicrafts were my hobby!

While I was in junior high school, I loved reading books on handicrafts
and that's where my learning and talent began.  Actually, wirejewellery
became my hobby by chance, when in 2010 I moved to a small town
called Sampit in Central Kalimantan, and making my first acrylic brooch,
I gradually became interested in wire and then on May 18th 2011, I began
to establish my own jewelry brand: "JOENG2JEWELRY".



 










  
I am completely self-taught with my wirework, learning by lots
of practicing and experimenting, as well as browsing on the
internet and being inspired by other wireworkers around the
world.














 

I particularly like wire wrapping and 'Euro' style of wirework
jewelry.  Even though I work as a Tax Accounting Officer, I have
a burning ambition to eventually have my own studio for 
Joeng2Jewelry, however, at the moment I am working on my own 
from home.
















 

I have been inspired by many different jewelry artists, such as:
IZA MALZYC, BEN HARJU, ABBY HOOK, 
SARAH THOMPSON and LINDA JONES.

I really like the European design style of wirework jewelry,
it has a characteristic elegance!

 












I currently sell and promote my work through:
FACEBOOK (Joeng2Jewelry)
ETSY

I usually promote my new pieces on Facebook and my fanatic
customers, who have already bought from me, network and share 
it with their friends.




 












I do run workshops but not recently, because I have been very
busy at work as a Tax Accounting Officer.  However, I have
created 2 Tutorials, one called:
TOSCALICIOUS BANGLE and the other, OCTOPUS BROOCH.

















If I had to give any advice to a newcomer, I would first of all
recommend lots and lots of practice, trying out as many different
styles, techniques to create colorful pieces.

Also, try not to copy other people's work, be honest with yourself
and that way your designs will become more original and your
personality will shine through!


















My future dream and plan is to eventually have my own studio
to make, sell and design my own range of wire jewellery designs!

*****************************************************
Teguh, I have no doubt your dreams will
come true!  Your work is beautiful and you
deserve to be noticed and much admired!


 

3 comments: